NIH Genomic Data Sharing (GDS) Policy
The NIH recently announced the final Genomic Data Sharing (GDS) Policy which becomes effective January 25, 2015. This policy sets forth new expectations to ensure “broad and responsible sharing of genomic research data.”
The GDS Policy applies to all NIH-funded research that generates large-scale human or non-human genomic data as well as use of these data for subsequent research. With regard to the effective date, this Policy applies to:
- Competing grant applications that are submitted to NIH for the January 25, 2015 receipt date or subsequent receipt dates; and
- Proposals for contracts that are submitted to NIH on or after January 25, 2015.
The Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) in coordination with the VUMC Office of Research (OOR) and the Office of the Provost will be providing further communication and guidance over the coming weeks. You may visit the OSP website and/or contact Clint Brown, OSP, for project proposal and Institutional Certification questions and Susan Meyn, OOR, or Elizabeth Rapisarda, Office of the Provost, as appropriate, for guidance/questions pertaining to specific genomic data sharing requirements for existing and/or proposed projects.
CLICK HERE for past announcements.
Did you know…
We have a vision statement:
The HRPP’s vision is to create an environment at Vanderbilt where the highest standards in research are upheld. This is achieved by empowerment through education, communication, and innovative engagement with the research community, the IRB Committee members, and research participants in order to advance the ethical conduct of research while ensuring the highest standards of protection and respect for research participants.
Registration and Information
FWA#00005756 , expires 8/12/2018; IORG#0000282
- Behavioral/Social Sciences – The second and fourth Tuesday of the Month 8:30 to 10:30
- Health Sciences 3 – Tuesdays 11:00 to 1:00
- Health Sciences 2 – Wednesdays 11:00 to 1:00
- Health Sciences 1 – Thursdays 11:00 to 1:00
- HSRC and RDRC – The first and third Friday of the Month 10:00 to 12:00
If you are interested in becoming a Committee Member CLICK HERE.