Home » CITI Instructions
Please read or print the instructions below before going to the CITI website. The whole program does not need to be completed in one sitting. You may save your work, log out of the system, and return at your convenience. You will need to re-enter the username and password each time you want to log into the CITI program.
- Go to the CITI home page – CITI Program
- Click on the “Register for CITI Course” link shown in red.
- To locate your institution, click the drop-down menu under the “All Others” choice and scroll down to find and select Vanderbilt University.
- Click the “Submit” button.
- Create a username and password. Your password cannot be the same as your Vanderbilt password; it must be different. Please remember the username and password you create so you can log into the site for future training sessions
- Once you have completed the registration process, click on the “Submit” button.
- Click on the “Information from Your Institution” link and read the requirements for training.
- Click the “Close Window” option after you are finished reading.
- Choose the appropriate learner group/course:
- Group I – Biomedical
- Group I.A – Veterans Affairs affiliates
- Group II – Social/Behavioral
- Group I – Introduction, History and Ethical Principles, Basic IRB Regulations and Review Process, Informed Consent
- Group I.A – All Modules
- Group II – Introduction, History and Ethical Principles, Defining Research with Human Subjects, The Regulations and the Social and Behavioral Sciences, Informed Consent
- The modules you need to complete will automatically appear based on the learner group you chose.
- After completing the last module, click on the “grade book” at the top of the screen.
- Print the document for your records to verify completion of the required training modules. This will also trigger an automatic notification to the Vanderbilt IRB that you have completed the human subjects training program.
Continuing Education Log-In
- Go to the CITI homepage – CITI Program
- Enter your username and password. If you forget the username or password you created previously, you can retrieve them by clicking on the “Forgot your username or password” link in the menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Enter the “Refresher Course” for your continuing education program.
- Choose and complete one training module and quiz.
- After completing the module, click on the “grade book” at the top of the screen.
- Print the document for your records to verify completion of the Refresher Course. This will also trigger and automatic notification to the Vanderbilt IRB that you have completed the continuing education requirement for the human subjects training program.